Summary of an Act
World Legislative Act #5
Act for the Establishment of Provisional District World Courts and Provisional Regional
World Courts of the World Supreme Court System , in accordance with Article 19, Sec. E-2, and with Article 4, of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth, hereinafter referred to as “Earth Constitution.”
District World Courts
1. Establishes Provisional District World Court (hereinafter PDWC) in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., and New York City, New York, U.S.A. Permits establishment of additional Provisional District World Courts.
2. Requires PDWCs to operate under Earth Constitution. Requires PDWCs to utilize as Rules those Rules presently in force in highest courts of host country or countries, except when national high court Rules are in contradiction with said Earth Constitution or of subsequent resolutions or legislation of Provisional World Parliament or World Parliament or World Supreme Court established under Earth Constitution. Declares World Legislative Act Number 24, for Rules of Procedure and Evidence as subsequent legislation.
3. Establishes first Provisional Regional World Court (hereinafter PRWC) in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. Permits Provisional World Parliament, or World Supreme Court or Provisional World Supreme Court to establish additional PRWCs in countries and cities. Declares same rules for PRWCs as for PDWCs.
4. Permits World Citizen appeals from any judgment of any PDWC or from any judgment of any PRWC, directly to appropriate Bench of World Supreme Court or Provisional World Supreme Court or to Superior Tribunal of World Supreme Court.
5. Recognizes no necessity for district or regional origin and progression of appeal process.
6. Locates primary seat of Provisional World Supreme Court in Primary World Capital or Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., if primary capital not yet established.
7. Declares judgments of world courts to full force under World Law and International Law, have complete stare decisis effect and are res judicata in World Law and International Law on all issues adjudicated. Virtue of said force and effect shall enforce world court judgments. World Court shall deem any violation of said judgments violation of World Law and International Law. In every respect these world courts are empowered to fully function under Earth Constitution.
8. Assigns rules to World Court regarding Service of Process.
9. Declares general boundaries for indefinite terms or periods of operation for Provisional World Courts.
10. Defines juridical competence. Requires three competent Judges to preside World Court.
11. Permits Courts power to adopt local Rules consistent with aforesaid high court rules and with Earth Constitution, and world legislation.
12. Establishes Standing Parliamentary Commission, of five M.P.’s of Provisional World Parliament having legal training and experience or evident global legal competence, together with one member of legal profession in California, U.S.A. Permits six original members of Standing Parliamentary Commission on World Courts to co-opt additional five members. Grants full authority to implement provisions of Act without further permission or directives from Provisional World Parliament, except in matters specifically reserved for decisions by Provisional World Parliament and to further legislation that Parliament may enact. Requires standing commission to further carry on work in ways not contrary to provisions of Earth Constitution.
* * * * * * * * * *
District World Courts was adopted as World Legislative Act Number Five at the first session of the provisional World Parliament, meeting at Brighton, England, 16 September 1982, convened in conformance with Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth. Formatting amendments adopted at eighth session of Parliament, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, August 2004.
Dr. Terence P. Amerasinghe, Barrister-at-Law
Secretary (1st & 3rd sessions)
Provisional World Parliament
Eugenia Almand, JD, Secretary
Provisional World Parliament