Summary of an Act
World Legislative Act #4
Act for Inaugurating a World University System with a Graduate
School of World Problems
World University System
Grants Charter for Graduate School of World Problems as part of World University System, under following conditions:
1. Declares purposes of World University System, and of Graduate School of World Problems.
2. Permits national and state level incorporation.
3. Assigns sources for Board of Trustees of nineteen members.
Requires Board of Trustees to employ administration for Graduate School and to oversee entire functioning of Graduate School. The Board of Trustees shall elect its own Chairperson and other officers. Requires Board of Trustees to meet at least twice annually.
4. Requires Chancellor to head Graduate School administration. Requires Board of Trustees to elect Chancellor, responsible to Board of Trustees.
5. Assigns sources for Advisory Council of neither less than 24 nor more than 48 members, so as to represent all parts of Earth.
6. Assigns Location for the primary campus of the School to be Radford, Virginia, U.S.A. Assigns locations for other campuses: Institute of Mundialist Studies in France; City Montessori School, Lucknow, India; Ensophion of Humanity in Kalamata, Greece; World Government Institutes (separate entities) in Japan and in USA; Kara, Togo; Toronto, Canada; Colombo, Sri Lanka or Clarkesville, Georgia, USA.
Permits Board of Trustees to decide other locations for other campuses.
7. Permits Board withdrawal of local charters where local administrators operate in violate of world legislation or Earth Constitution, or in manner obstructive to Broad Functions of the Earth Federation, as determined by Board of Trustees, and as defined in Article 1 of Earth Constitution.
8. Requires Chancellor to prepare annual budgets for operation of Graduate School, together with annual financial campaigns. Assigns Parliamentary Trustees to prepare initial budget and finance campaign. Requires Board of Trustees and Administration to work together to develop and obtain sources of financing for the School. Assigns non-exclusive sources.
9. Assigns Board of Trustees to be responsible to Provisional World Parliament or World Parliament until more complete World University System is established.
10. Requires Board of Trustees and School Administration to develop and refine further details for Graduate School by working in collaboration, subject to final approval by Board of Trustees and otherwise consistent with the provisions of Act 4.
* * * * * * * * * *
The World University System was adopted as World Legislative Act Number Four at the first session of the Provisional World Parliament, meeting at Brighton, England, 12 September 1982, convened in conformance with Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth. The Act was amended at sixth session Provisional World Parliament, meeting at Bangkok, Thailand, December 2003. Formatting amendments adopted at eighth session of Parliament, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, August 2004.
Eugenia Almand, JD, Secretary
Provisional World Parliament