Summary of an Act
World Legislative Act #18
Provisional Office of World Revenue
Establishes Provisional Office of World Revenue.
1. Authorizes Provisional Office of World Revenue to collect taxes forthwith. Authorizes tax collection primarily from rents on use of world commons, including following:
1.1. Land rents;
1.2. Mining surcharges;
1.3. Resource utilization fees, including sales taxes on hydrocarbon resources and carbon resources;
1.4. Technology rents;
1.5. Currency transactions; and
1.6. Electromagnetic spectrum rents;
2. Requires Provisional Office of World Revenue (POWR) to draft, recommend and submit to Parliament franchise tax schedule against sales of recreational drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.
3. Permits Provisional Office of World Revenue to collect annual poor tax at rate of 1/100th of 1% of net worth of every person. Lists taxable persons to include individuals, corporations and governments
4. Requires Provisional Office of World Revenue to operate collections department to encourage tax payment.
Permits Provisional Office of World Revenue to report failure to pay rents or other taxes to Earth Financial Credit Corporation for enforcement. Defines tax evasion as intentional refusal or neglect to pay taxes owed to government. Permits tax avoidance. Prohibits global tax evasion (class 3 misdemeanor).
5. Requires Provisional Office of World Revenue (POWR) to operate standards department to create tax schedule proposals and other tax proposals. Requires POWR to coordinate with agencies of Integrative Complex. Requires POWR to submit tax schedule proposals and other tax proposals at least annually to Provisional World Parliament.
6. Requires Provisional Office of World Revenue (POWR) to coordinate with lower levels of jurisdiction that have ratified Earth Constitution, to track cases of tax evasion at every level.
7. Permits Provisional Office of World Revenue (POWR) to operate exchange offices, receiving national currencies, Special Drawing Rights (SDRs), or Local Economic Trading Systems (LETS) until transition to Earth monetary system is complete. Requires POWR to endeavor to collect taxes in Earth credits or Earth currency. Requires POWR to reimburse overpayment of taxes exclusively in terms of Earth credits or Earth currency.
8. Schedules Provisional Office of World Revenue to begin operations in most suitable location or locations for beginning tax collection. Requires Members of Provisional World Parliament able and willing to begin this work to report at successive sessions of Provisional World Parliament.
* * * * * * * * * *
Adopted 27 March 2003, Bangkok, Thailand, by sixth session of provisional World Parliament, convened in conformance with Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth. Amendments adopted 13 August 2004, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, at the eighth session of the provisional World Parliament.
Eugenia Almand, JD, Secretary
Provisional World Parliament