Summary of an Act
World Legislative Act #6
Emergency Earth Rescue Administration
Lists in preamble 9 systemic climatic and resulting catastrophes, which could become irreversible within few years unless greenhouse syndrome of accumulating CO2 is reversed.
Describes in preamble several concurrent reasons for rapid increase of CO2 in atmosphere.
1. Creates Emergency Earth Rescue Administration.
2. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration (EERA) to carry out coordinated worldwide emergency campaign on several major fronts concurrently, to overcome increase of CO2 before climatic and geological changes become irreversible.
3. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to conduct massive reforestation.
4.1. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to conduct massive re-mineralization of forest lands and crop lands.
4.2. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to conduct massive mineralization and remineralization in selected areas of the oceans of earth, and in man-made lakes.
5. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to expedite the transition from fossil fuels to safe and sustainable energy supplies and technology.
6. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to conduct massive publicity.
7. Requires Emergency Earth Rescue Administration to encourage, foster and coordinate participation of concerned agencies, both public and private, both local, regional, national and international, in common campaign for re-forestation, re-mineralization, and transition to safe and sustainable energy supplies.
8. Declares fronts of the emergency campaign as not limited to those defined herein, and other fronts may be defined and developed by EERA.
9. Assigns sources to create and compose Board of Trustees of up to 200 members, serving terms of five years, to direct and administer the EERA, within the framework and specifications of this World Legislation. Assigns responsibilities and regulations to Board of Trustees. Permits Board of Trustees to establish its own rules of procedure and operating structure within framework and terms of World Legislation and Earth Constitution. Requires Board of Trustees to make annual reports to Provisional World Parliament, together with interim reports as necessary.
10. Requires Board of Trustees to elect an Earth Rescue Executive Council (EREC) of 21-33 members to manage the daily operations of EERA between meetings of the full Board of Trustees. Included ex-officio on the EREC are the three Co-Chairpersons and the Executive Director. The EREC is responsible for preparing the operating budgets for EERA, subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. EREC shall employ all necessary key personnel.
11. Requires appropriate salaries payable in Earth credits or Earth currency, amounting to Earth credit or Earth currency equivalent of three million annual equity salaries per year, or more. Designates sources of funding, including sale of Earth Bonds (WLA#7).
12. Assigns structure, purpose and terms for Original Executive Committee.
13. Requires Original Executive Committee to create Global Rescue Teams to seek ratification by national parliaments and national governments, by communities, states and other sub-national political entities, and by corporations and other organizations.
14. Requires election and operation of Parliamentary Commission for EERA of 9 members.
(Addendum) Specifies non-exhaustively 35 benefits of Emergency Earth Rescue Administration.
* * * * * * * * * *
Adopted as World Legislative Act #6, at the second session of the Provisional World Parliament, meeting in New Delhi, India, March 1985, convened in conformance with Article 19 of the Earth Constitution.
Amended at the fourth (1996) and sixth (2003) and eighth (2004) sessions of the Provisional World Parliament.
Attested: Philip Isely, Secretary (2nd & 4th sessions)
Provisional World Parliament
Eugenia Almand, JD, Secretary
Provisional World Parliament